From November 2012 to date: Post-doc at Center for Life Nano Science, IIT (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia)
From October 2010 to September 2012: Researcher at the "Sapienza" University of Rome
From September 2008 to September 2010: Post-doc at Departments of Mechanics and Aeronautics, "Sapienza" University of Rome
From February 2008 to May 2008: Visiting research scientist at Department of Mechanics, Alfred University, NY, USA
Education and training
From October 2004 to February 2008: PhD student (Theoretical and applied mechianics) at "Sapienza" University of Rome
July 2004: Msc Engineering at "Sapienza" University of Rome
English: advanced level
Computer skills and competences
Programming languages: Fortran, C, Python
Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows
Softwares: Several computational biology tools (NAMD, GROMACS, VMD)
Pubblications (see updated list here)
- Giacomello, A., Chinappi, M., Meloni, S., Casciola, Geometry as a catalyst: how vapour cavities nucleate from defect, Langmuir 29 (48)
- Bacci M., Chinappi M., Casciola C.M., Cecconi F., Protein translocation in narrow pores: Inferring bottlenecks from native structure topology. Phys. Rev. E 88, 022712
- Pimponi D., Chinappi M., Gualtieri P., Casciola C.M., Mobility tensor of a sphere moving on a superhydrophobic wall: application to particle separation, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics.
- Gentili D., Chinappi M., Bolognesi G., Giacomello A., Casciola C.M., Water slippage on hydrophobic nanostructured surfaces: molecular dynamics results for different filling levels, Meccanica 2013. In Press
- Magaletti, F., Picano, F., Chinappi, M., Marino, L., Casciola C.M., The sharp-interface limit of the Cahn-Hilliard/Navier-Stokes model for bynary fluids, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 714, 95-126
- Giacomello, A., Chinappi, M., Meloni, S., Casciola, C.M., Metastable wetting on superhydrophobic surfaces: Continuum and atomistic views of the Cassie-Baxter--Wenzel transition, Physical Review Letters 109, 226102 (2012)
- De Angelis, E., Chinappi, M., Graziani, G., Flow simulations with multi-particle collision dynamics, Meccanica (2012).
- A. Giacomello, S. Meloni, M. Chinappi, and C. M. Casciola, Cassie–Baxter and Wenzel States on a Nanostructured Surface: Phase Diagram, Metastabilities, and Transition Mechanism by Atomistic Free Energy Calculations, Langmuir 28 (29), 10764–10772 (2012)
- M. Chinappi. Application of All-Atom Molecular Dynamics to Nanofluidics, in Molecular Dynamics - Studies of Synthetic and Biological Macromolecules, Intech, (2012).
- Bacci, M., Chinappi, M., Casciola, C.M., Cecconi, F., Role of Denaturation in Maltose Binding Protein Translocation Dynamics. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 116 (14), 4255-4262, (2012).
- Nenzi, P., Giacomello, A., Bolognesi, G., Chinappi, M., Balucani, M., Casciola, C.M., Superhydrophobic Porous Silicon Surfaces, Sensor & Transducer Journal, 13, 62-72 (2011).
- Cesana, M., Cacchiarelli, D., Legnini, I., Santini, T., Sthandier, O., Chinappi, M., Tramontano, A. and Bozzoni, I. A Long Noncoding RNA Controls Muscle Differentiation by Functioning as a Competing Endogenous RNA. Cell 147, 358–369 (2011).
- Chinappi M, Gala F, Zollo G.,Casciola C.M., Tilting angle and water slippage over hydrophobic coatings, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 396, 1945, (2011)
- Chinappi M, De Angelis E. Confined Dynamics of a single DNA molecule, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 396, 1944, (2011)
- Chinappi M, Cecconi F., Casciola C.M., Computational analysis of Maltose Binding Protein translocation, Philos. Mag. 91, 2034-2048, (2011)
- Chinappi, M., Via, A., Marcatili, P., Tramontano, A. On the mechanism of chloroquine resistance in Plasmodium falciparum. Plos ONE, 5,11, (2010)
- Chinappi, M., Casciola C.M., Intrinsic slip on hydrophobic self-assembled monolayer coatings. Phys. of Fluids, 22, 042003 (2010)
- Chinappi, M., Melchionna, S., Casciola, C.M., Succi, S., Mass flux through asymmetric nanopores: Microscopic versus hydrodynamic motion. J. Chem. Phys., 129, 124717 (2008)
- Chinappi, M., De Angelis, E., Melchionna, S., Casciola, C.M., Succi, S., Piva, R., Molecular dynamics simulation of ratchet motion in an asymmetric nanochannel, Phys. Rev. Lett., 97, 14, 144509, (2006)
- Chinappi, M., Cencini, M., Vulpiani, A., Thin front propagation in random shear flows, Phys. Rev. E, 73, 1, 16308 (2006)